Saturday 18 May 2013

May 18th

Pretty quiet lately. Again nothing of note on patch birding boundary this morning, or the last few days ive looked (yes I have been out-cheeky buggers). Went to check the scrape at Carlton. 1 Whimbrel, 4 Redshank and a brief group of c.7-10 Ringed Plover. Went to marsh lane end only to be turfed off by the farmer, no water was left anyway. Day was salvaged by phenominal views of a ringtail (probably 1st summer male)Montagu`s Harrier on Breydon south wall marshes by the pumphouse, brilliantly found by Rob Wilton after he had predicted it in an earlier text to me. Evening update: Rob called me late in evening saying hes on a Red-backed Shrike on the Denes. I scorched there in record time and enjoyed the fabulous male Red-backed Shrike on brambles just north of the Oval. Robs texts today included "just off to McDonalds then I fancy a Monties" and "off to McDonalds then off to find a Shrike".....Well played sir. I wonder what time McDonalds opens in the morning.......

No comments:

Post a Comment