Saturday 19 January 2013

Jan 19th

Lound Lakes were mainly frozen but a samall area of water was present near the tree islands. A drake Pintail was unusual here and a Common Snipe flushed out from the bank, both weather related. My car then got stuck on the snowy verge by the car park. Fortunately a very helpful 4x4 driver helped tow me out after a great deal of effort. Yesterday apparently in a similar incident another car had to get a tractor out to remove his car when stuck. So I would advise anyone thinking of visiting not to drive down to the car park as its treacherous when the snow is there. In the late afternoon I saw the 1st winter Glaucous Gull on Oulton Broad, not on my patch but a nice Lizard land year tick. Last Sunday 5 Eider flew past Ness Point new for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment